Ishi Yama Judo Club Dojo Protocols
- Anyone attending another facility (sport) must delay return at this time.
- At risk members must delay return at this time.
- Although everyone is at risk for COVID-19, some individuals are at a higher risk. These include people with:
- heart disease
- hypertension (high blood pressure)
- lung disease such as asthma
- a medical condition or treatment such as chemotherapy
- older adults – generally defined as 65 and older
ARRIVAL AT ACADIA REC CENTER (ARC):
- Masks are mandatory for any individual entering the facility (judoka, parents, guardians). The South main doors are the only entrance to the ARC facility.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early to allow for entry screening on the main floor, by the dojo door.
- Judoka must arrive in a clean (washed) judogi; the facility change rooms are not available. Judoka attempting to change in the washrooms will not be allowed in the dojo.
- Judoka/guardians must line up at the entrance to the dojo, observe the 2m social distancing rules with one another, as well as other individuals at the facility.
- No spectators will be allowed upstairs at the dojo. Parents are to accompany all minor judoka into the ARC facility, but must remain in the main floor vicinity until the child has cleared the screening procedure.
- All judoka must bring a fully completed questionnaire with signature and emergency contact number (parental signature if a minor). No form – no entry.
- All judoka must bring a fully signed ARC document. No form – no entry.
- All judoka will have a temperature check performed prior to admission to the dojo.
- Anyone failing the initial temperature check will have a second chance by lining up at the end of the screening line. A second temperature check failure will result in the judoka being disallowed entrance to the dojo.
ACCESS TO THE DOJO:
- Shoes and belongings must be stored in the designated areas. Sandals must be worn when not on the mats. Water bottles will be located on the bench for easy access.
- All judoka must sanitize their hands before entering the mat area.
- All judoka must obey all safety instructions and protocols issued by the club and Sensei. Failure to do so will result in expulsion.
- It is requested to consider the washrooms unavailable (excepting extreme cases). Anyone using the washroom must sanitize their hands and feet before returning to the mat area.
- Maintain social distancing whenever possible.
- After the class is over, judoka will leave the mats a few at a time and sanitize their hands. They will then gather their belongings and leave the dojo via the main stairs.
- Exiting the ARC facility is via the racquet court hallway only, to the Southeast single door (not the main entrance).
- Parents/guardians picking up a minor may either wait on the main concourse near the dojo door (social distancing please), or outside the exit door at the South end.
- Wash your judogi when you get home that evening, so it is ready for the next training.